Friday, August 19, 2005

For some time now I have been on this 'journey', this path of questioning, observing, and trying to make sense of this world in which we live. One of the pressing questions that never really seems to leave the back of my mind is the question of Faith. I have described it before by referring to the scene in the movie Meet Joe Black, when the voice of Brad Pitt rings in Anthony Hopkins head, "yes", and later 'Joe' says the answer to the question he has been asking himself is yes. O.K., so my answer is not "yes", but the scene reminds me of the ever-floating questions in my own mind. In all the spinning, there was comfort tonight listening to a classic song on the radio. Maybe it was the comfort of the image- strong pounding of hands on the soft piano keys producing chords as the song begins, or maybe knowing that people long before my own life, have questioned the world around them and have expressed such questions in a multitude of ways, and thus made progress. You can see it when you read the Bible, when you flip through magazines, when you drive through the changing urban development, and when you surf the net....I guess my intent was not to be deep, but to share a little comfort or peace I experienced this evening. Take it how you wish. Have A Little Faith In Me. When The Road Gets Dark And You Can No Longer See Let My Love Throw A Spark Have A Little Faith In Me And When The Tears You CryAre All You Can Believe Give These Loving Arms A Try BabyHave A Little Faith In Me When Your Secret Heart Cannot Speak So EasilyFrom A Whisper Start To Have A Little Faith In Me And When Your Back's Against The Wall Just Turn Around And You Will SeeI Will Catch Your Fall Have A Little Faith In Me I've Been Loving You For Such A Long Time Expecting Nothing In Return Just For You To Have A Little Faith In Me You Know Time, Time Is Our Friend I Will Hold You Up, I Will Hold You Up Your Love Gives Me Strength Enough Have A Little Faith In Me

Emily.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Josh and Emily,

I love your Blog page. It makes me feel closer to you than the 2000 miles that seperate us. Thank you for sharing your lives. It's good to hear that you are happy and finding "home". God has been good to you.

Love you both, Audriene

10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home