Friday, September 02, 2005

We finally got our license plates, and in some ways it marks another step in Colorado being our home. Right now it feels like a long vacation, but who knows what is in store down the road. Joining the thinking of our fellow Coloradoians, we decided to participate in an annual labor day tradition for the outdoor folks here, getting ready for ski season. To early to think snow? Not here in Denver! Last night I was up all night (Josh ended up having to work, so he couldn't come) and at 3:00am My parents and I drove downtown for the annual labor day ski sale sniagrab or "bargains" spelled backwards. You might ask why in the world we would head out this early? Well, the first 100 people receive $100 gift card to spend at the sale! The doors don't open until 8am, but during the course of the day they are giving away season passes, weekend get-a-ways, etc. And they are selling most everything approach. 30-75% off! Turns out, when we arrived there were people camped out all around the block; tents, mattress', guitars playing, and picnics everywhere. NO WAY were we going to be in the top 100, or even the next group of 150 people who would receive $50. After making 2 trips around the city block to take it in we just drove home! Later we found out from a neighbor that the first people in line had been camping since Wednesday.... So much for free ski gear. Tomorrow, since Josh has to work again, (though we are happy for work!) I am heading north to hike the 7 segment (Breckenridge to Copper Mountain) of the Colorado Trail. I am taking Dolly (the dog in the previous post) with me and my parents are joining me as well. I am excited to get outside. Hopefully I wont be too sore. I post pictures later. Hope everyone finds their extended weekend filled with something fun or relaxing.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:38 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

Em..I'm so jealous! Oh I want to be out in the Mountains hiking and skiing too! I can't wait to hear about it and see pictures! At least think of me when your walkin the trails...I miss you!

10:43 AM  
Blogger pk said...

Hiking the CT, that's awesome! I know you two will do a great job of making the most of living in Colorado! What a great state

12:40 AM  
Blogger Keith Drury said...

I hate you both for living near the Colorado Trail! here I'm stuck 2 hours away from the measley 44 mile Knobstone Trail! Ugh!

11:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home