Thursday, December 08, 2005

Getting the Christmas Tree! Although we didn't get to cut it down, a trip to Home Depot was the next best thing. After high hopes of bundling up to begin our Christmas decoration we found out you have to write in for a permit, you wait for a response including the date you can go out to get the tree. Well maybe another year... After we bascially shoved the tree into the car we headed next door to have a familiar christmas drink at starbucks. Josh with his eggnog latte and what would have been a peppermint mocha for me, but they ran out of peppermint. Turns out the rest of Parker thought a fun coffee would be a good idea after getting their Christimas tree as well. The day was a blast none the less, especially because the weather had just turned cold the day before giving us the longest snow blanket I have seen in Parker. Usually it snows and it melts within a day or two. But no...as of today it has stayed 6 days! I love the snow. Right now I am loving coming home to the smell of pine.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

good to see your faces! looks like a lot of fun bro--wish we were cutting down trees together like last year!!

1:54 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Em!! I like the idea of getting a Christmas tree! It's been a while since I've realized it's close to Christmas! Sometimes the campus is not very friendly to Christmas cheer! Anyway, I love you and I like the pictures and updates! Post a picture of the tree up and decorated!

7:48 PM  
Blogger jj said...

I think Jus posted above, but I wanted to get in on it too! Last year was so fun going to that tree farm & cutting down your tree! The guys on the ground sawing it down & that old man taking our polaroid! We still have that pic! It was such a great day!

6:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home