Thursday, December 01, 2005

November 30th

Emily's Cooking Adventures Continue! Yesterday we celebrated Josh's birthday. As some of you know I am a FABULOUS cook. Really, it is quite the opposite, and yesterday was an all time low seeing that I screwed up a cake box mix. Yes, it is true. My plans of making Josh an icecream cake held so much potential. I had gathered all the basics and even got a tub of icecream from Coldstone with the mix-ins he likes. The Recipe called for 2 9" round cakes with icecream layerd in the middled and on top. Naturally, I picked up 2 cake mixes. At $0.88 a box I thought I would surely need 2 boxes. When I got home and started mixing, things were going well, even when I combined the two into one, and I stuck them in the oven for 30min. Beeper went off and low and behold as went to check on the cakes I found a pile of cake on the bottom of the oven. Both pans had become small volcanos! After a few screams with only me in the house I called my Mom's cell. No answer. Next, Jes Johnson, she had always been my savior when I didn't know what to do in the kitchen. No answer. I began scooping the extra cake out of the bottom, but smoke was filling the air. Only a few minutes later Jes called and tried to coach me through it! I found out later 1 box = 2 9'cakes!! Opps!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Life sounds exciting em, wish I could have been there! Although, I love the picture! :)

1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home