Thursday, September 08, 2005

How Funny. This Article was Sent to me. Link to the story "Preaching the gospel of closet systems". An update on work. I have started my first official week at The Container Store and I am really liking it. In some ways it does feel a little weird that I just graduated from college with a major in Christian Ministries and now I am working in home organization, but I'm sure it's not a first. I don't know if it is the fact I'm out of the house now, or interacting with people and problem solving, or maybe a little of each, but it is making a world of a difference for my mental health! I'm convinced that there are some core attributes wired within us that electrify our lives and one of those for me is helping others; bringing people's ideas to life. On a very small scale that is what I have been able to do this week. People come up to you asking for tape measures and ideas on how to solve a certain problem they are having in their organization or home and you get to come up with ideas for them. One great thing about TCS is their empowering of their workers. When you arrive for your shift you are huddled in for the day, where you find out where the store is, and encouraged to serve the customers. Next, you check out the clipboard schedule and write down what role you play during the day and certain times...And NO ONE tells you where to be when. From the time you walk in until you leave you are in charge of how you manage your time, that is SO rare. So although I am not directly using my degree I am looking forward to this season at TCS, and if anyone is looking for extra holiday

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Em, I love the updates! Miss you girl!
Love ya lots,
Beth

6:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home