Thursday, December 21, 2006

Being trapped indoors has been fun. I have organized, sorted papers, and like always moved around our furniture. I am a little tired of playing Yahtzee, but the forced slow down is great.

Most who read this know that we have been at times discontent with Parker. It is a great community, tons of activity and the effort to make things connected and whole is whole-hearted, but most folks who live here range from newly started families to empty-nesters. There was always the tug to stay in douglas county because it was close to my parents, Josh's job, and is continually growing.

Last week we decided to post our place for rent and head downtown. Josh is looking for something in the Lodo area for a short commute and we are working to get our income under a certain amount to move into a lower rent payment. There are tons of new lofts that set aside about 1/3 of the units for income restricted living and the rent is double for those you are above the line. After spending the time to figure all the numbers out, something I love to do anyway =) it turns out life would be MUCH more enjoyable, if I can incorporate and Josh finds something that makes less than 30k and has less pressure and responsibility.

I am excited to have our lives be less consumed with work, a chance to be downtown, close to a church community we enjoy, and the freedom to go the mts more and travel and see people. I know this will be a learning experience, and I am not 100% sure I am going to be able to get the business side of things worked out, but as always I dont mind learning while I go. We have a renter, we have a destination, and now if the snow plows could get to us we could get on our way! Check it out.

  • Mercantile Square
  • Broadway Plaza
  • Burlington Place
  • 3 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    http://thehousingbubbleblog.com/

    11:46 AM  
    Blogger Jess said...

    How Cool! You decided to rent it! It sounds like a fun option. Can't wait to hear more about how it all comes together! Miss you!

    12:43 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Best of success to you 2 - you guys have an adeventuresome spirit that I find admirable...Love, Dad

    4:25 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home